Sunday, March 19, 2006

A wee bit of creative accounting?

Protests Mark 3 Years Of Iraq War

It seems I must stand corrected. Having uploaded yesterday's photos of Trafalgar Square I rushed to put some annotation in this blog. One typo resulted in my claiming a figure of 100,000 in attendence - a zero too many. Also, it did get some television media coverage - albeit buried in the far more "newsworthy" violence of events in France.

Reported attendence figures for London are officially in the region of 14,000 souls ( - yes, I typed it right this time!) although my feeling is that 10,000 is closer for those who actually marched there. The above link to last night's late edition of CBS news actually headlined the worldwide events, so I guess the point was made.

My thanks to Johnny Void (see link at left) who was not only one of those pointing out my fault, but also for reprinting my tirade from early yesterday about the time for a new revolution under the heading "Optimism".

Later.

No comments: