Friday, August 18, 2006

Telling it all, but not to the media

A week or so ago I posted another movie from this gentleman's video biography - simply because I was amazed how interesting it was and how successful it had been. The fact has also recently been noted by most of the mainstream radio and television news channels, for whom it makes a good anecdote. I'm posting this latest installment because the person concerned is less than happy about all the exposure and says so here.

I have every sympathy and hope that my own plug didn't contribute too much to the onslaught of attention he's been getting.

Some recent posts have gone missing. This may have something to do with my publishing them using a dashboard widget on the Mac. I'll confine such attempts to You Tube and return to Windows for the normal bulletins. I'm also working on setting up and auxilliary blog at the highly popular My Space site. This will be concentrating on art and music with a nod to politics in the form of protest culture.

I note that the UN reckons they might just get around to putting a force in the lebanon in 10 days time. 2000 troops have been offered by Bangladesh, but the supposed initiator of the accord, France, can only cough up 200. Commitment?

In other news it seems that a majority of Britain's Labour Party and other parliamentarians are supporting deputy Prime Minister Prescott's opinion of Bush - namely, "Crap". He's been quiet of late, keeping his trousers on and refraining from playing Croquet, even if still inhabiting some luxurious residences. Ever the loudmouth, his rather brute and honest opinions still never fail to cause some disruption. In this case, for once, it is to be welcomed.

Less welcome is the news that Lord Levy of the Honours scandal is acting as Blair's personal ambassador the Israel, which is surely an insult to Margaret Beckett - his supposed Foreign Secretary.

Later.

No comments: