Saturday, July 22, 2006

It's not anti-semitism!

Casting Blame , Finding Solutions to The Middle East Conflagration

Opposing Israel and opposing Zionism is not the same as opposing jews, but there is an increasing likelihood their faith will come under greater scrutiny due to the behaviour of the so-called "Jewish State". It may be a "limited menu" democracy, but it is certainly not a secular government any more that that of the likes of Iran. That the world treats it like it were and allows it to pursue its dogmatic agenda is an insult to the intelligence of free-thinking people.

As even Amerikan cities like Detriot begin to witness tension between their large Arab and Jewish communities, there is a danger that anti-semitism itself will be on the rise once more. The above article is by Rob Kall, editor and publisher of "Op Ed News", who also writes ...

"I never thought editing and publishing OpEdNews would be so hard, would tear me apart. But then the conflict in Gaza began, and things started to get difficult. Then the Lebanese conflagration ignited and it's been hell. I want to cover the conflict, the stories, with journalistic integrity. AND I am Jewish, so I run this website knowing that my Jewish family and friends will be looking over my shoulder.

Today, I got a call from one of my best friends, that started, "What the hell are you doing?" And he went on to cite the perspective on the conflict that supports Israel's actions going after Hezbollah. Over the weekend, I got an email from a regular contributor to OpedNews calling me an anti-semite, not the first, and this one came with notification that the contributions would stop, also not the first. I explained to my friend, how challenging it has been setting ground rules and policies that made sense, were fair, that prevented flat out attacks that were not presented within a reasonable context.

The middle east conflict could be the most difficult problem in the world. I believe we have to take a different approach, different approaches if we are ever going to find solutions. I'm hoping my editorial policies will help make a difference."

Don't let them tell you this is a "war on terror" and stand back astonished at the big mess as a Pact allows for foreign ownership of Amerika's Nation Security assets. In Britain, there may be a Rift between the Foreign Office and Downing Street on the whole Lebanon issue.

Later.

No comments: